Stack Overflow Is Free For Teams
March 17, 2021
Earlier today, Stack Overflow announced on their blog that their product for teams will be free, up to 50 users. Here’s what that means.
- You don’t have to scroll endlessly in chat history to find out the answer to a question you asked a month ago.
- You don’t have to answer the same question repeatedly that someone else asked a while back.
- All the information about your codebase resides in a central repository, not scattered in multiple email threads or wikis that no one reads.
- You get to flaunt your skills and share your knowledge in front of your teammates and management.
- When a new developer joins, they don’t have to ask the same question that the previous new hire asked.
If your developers are asking questions in Teams channels or email threads, you are doing it wrong.